Friday, June 17, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge - Day 10

A day late but here it is, day 10 of the White Peach photography challenge. I had so many ideas for memories but trying to find things to photography wasn't happening. Then I found this right under my nose, my own childhood love that I have imposed on my daughter.


I had SO MANY Barbie dolls as a girl. I remember being unimpressed if I didn't get a least two new ones a year (birthday and Christmas). Coming from a household of four girls there was bound to be Barbies, lots of Barbies. I remember one of my sisters had a thing for cutting off all our Barbies hair and there being lots and lots of tears over these moments.

It wasn't until I actually looked at how many Barbies Jaybug has I started to wonder whether it was her thing or mine? I have insisted on buying them for Christmas and her birthdays as this was what I always wanted as a girl. Maybe I need to stop and see if she asks for more or whether it has just been a projection of my own childhood memories.

Although there did seem to be lots of fun had once I pulled out the Barbies for there photo shoot.....


Joining in here for day 10. I'm off to see what everyone else has for childhood memories too.

3 comments:

  1. Jess, why did we never play Barbies together when I lived in Taranaki? It would have been, like, so fun! :D I always get an overwhelming urge to play when I see Barbies...and how cute is Squeak dressed up as Spiderman?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great photo. I really like the composition.

    ReplyDelete