Wednesday, June 15, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge - Day 9

Day 9 and the stakes are high in this topic of the White Peach Photography Challenge. With my birthday just around the corner I need to play my cards right.

As I can technically only choose one person I am opting not to love any of my immediate family - husband or children - any more than each other. I love them all so much that they have a separate piece of my heart each. So instead I have picked someone who means so much to me and I'm not sure they know how much. I thought this might be a good way to show her how much I love her.


My youngest sister. She is like an extension of myself. She values everything I do and she knows just the way I like things.

Mo spent the last three years of her high school years living with us. She was here from the time that Jaybug was born and she has a big role in the children's lives. She is like the kids second Mum and is very similar to me in the way she is with them. If anything was to happen to me and the Hubby she would be the one landed with the gift of our lovely toads, knowing she would bring them up the way we would. 

The children are so attached to her and it was very hard for all of us when she moved 18 months ago to go to University. We love when we get to spend some time with her, when she can get away from her study. Jaybug does miss her the most. I'm sure this is to do with the fact Mo was with us from her birth right up until she was 2 & 3/4's. Thats a huge part of her small life where she was able to act as if she had two Mum's. Jaybug cries whenever Mo has to go back to Uni and this reminds me that I need to make sure I am giving the kids enough attention. In the past Mo and I juggled the Mummying and now that she isn't here I have to remember the kids are used to that extra attention she was able to give them. She even taught Quack to read and write by the time he was 3!

Mo I love you and I think you are doing an amazing job at Uni. You blow me away with how hard you work at your studies and how dedicated you are. A lot of young women your age wouldn't be as hardworking and studious are you are. I am always so proud to hear of the amazing marks you are achieving at Uni. I know you will be brilliant at whatever you choose to do in your life. Looking forward to your holidays soon and spending some time with you away from the stress of the books. I know one day you will make an amazing Mum, as you are every bit of one to my children. I thank you for all the hard work and time you have put into them.

Love you,
Your big Sister xoxo

P.s. remember this when you think about my birthday present for next Monday......... hehehe

Linking up with day 9 here. Can't wait to see who you all love!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Miss Moselle. She is truly an awesome young woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a great sister. :)
    -Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, tear xoxox
    I love the three munchkins soo much and wish I could spend more time with them
    I also really love you and you should be soooo proud of your family.
    Cant wait to spend some time with you, and Zac, Jaya, and Zeke!!!! very soon

    O and also credit to you for my wonderful standard and habits, so much of me has alot to do with your influence, thanx 4 being the BEST big sister (mum) :) that anyone could ever want! Love you miss xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, very sweet!
    I am looking forward to my 'baby' sister moving closer once she's in college! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That post was so moving! She sounds wonderful, you are so lucky to have a sister. I'm an only child and would love siblings!

    ReplyDelete